If you landed on this post, you’re probably looking for ways to improve your business’s visitor experience. You may have heard of a visitor management system (VMS) from one of your peers, or perhaps you had a great experience visiting a workplace that uses this technology when you signed in on a sleek iPad.
Whatever the case, you’re here because you want to know if your business should invest in a visitor management solution and the good news is, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, we’ll outline the benefits of a visitor management system and how to tell if your business needs one. Let’s dive in.
What are the benefits of a visitor management system?
Running a workplace can be a complex, time-consuming job. When relying on manual processes, overseeing visitors—just one of your team’s many responsibilities—can take up a large chunk of time. Luckily, with the right tools and processes in place, your team can save time and work smarter, while also making sure your visitors have a great experience in the workplace. Below, we’ll cover seven major benefits of a visitor management system.
- It gives guests a great first impression: A VMS can help you impress guests before they even walk through your doors. Send them a custom invite to the workplace that has everything they need to know about their visit. Include directions, parking instructions, and anything unique to your workplace they should be aware of before they arrive. You can even send them your non-disclosure agreement (NDA) ahead of time, so they can take their time reading and signing the document.
- It ensures your business looks polished and professional: Rather than using pen and paper, a VMS lets you wow your guests with a sleek, digital sign-in process that shows off your brand. This not only makes it faster and easier for visitors to sign into the workplace, it also enables your team to work more efficiently. Without having to keep track of your visitors manually, they can focus on what matters most.
- It automatically notifies employees when their guests arrive: Speaking of what matters most, a VMS will free up your front desk team so they can make sure guests feel welcomed and prepared for their visit. Rather than having to track down someone’s host, your VMS will automatically send them a notification. This allows your team to provide guests with helpful information about the workplace or offer them with a welcome beverage while they wait. These small acts can make all the difference in giving guests a good first impression of your business.
- It adds an extra layer of security to the workplace: A VMS will also help you keep your workplace secure. You can use it to pre-screen visitors so you’re confident that everyone onsite is cleared to be there. You can also ensure no one overstays their welcome by displaying their sign-in time on their custom visitor badge. Plus, rather than share your one-and-only WiFi password with guests, a VMS will allow your team to securely share unique credentials with each guest for their visit.
- It helps you meet your workplace compliance requirements: A VMS will allow you to digitally maintain detailed visitor records. You can view these records on a local or global level, and easily export them when you want to dive deeper. On top of that, a VMS can help you safeguard visitor information by enabling you to control which admins can view and manage your visitor data.
- It enables you to scale to new locations quickly: By centralizing your visitor management, you can monitor multiple locations, deploy to new sites, and standardize your processes. Plus, you can ensure you provide a consistent, high-quality visitor experience across your different workplaces.
- It helps you keep your workplace occupancy data accurate: Finally, a VMS allows you to be certain everyone onsite is accounted for in your occupancy data. This will ensure your team can better plan for onsite amenities, such as welcome packs and catering services. It’ll also enable you to report accurate foot traffic data to your executive team so they have a more concise look at who and how many people come into the workplace.
How to tell if your business needs a visitor management system
A VMS can benefit any organization, of any size, in any industry.
Even small workplaces with basic visitor needs can benefit from a visitor management system. However, if your organization is larger, or has more complex safety, security, and compliance needs, investing in a visitor management solution is a must.
Still unsure? Here are a few signs your organization needs a VMS:
- The front desk team still uses pen and paper to sign guests in
- Your your visitor registration process is different at each location
- Your visitor volume has increased or feels unwieldy to manage
- Your organization wants to improve the visitor experience
- Your organization has complex safety, security, and compliance needs
- Your organization wants to collect more accurate workplace occupancy data
If any one of the statements above is true for your company, chances are it’s time to invest in visitor management.
Visitor management technology was once a nice-to-have that a handful of companies invested in. Today, it’s not only more commonplace, it’s become the standard for organizations of all sizes and types. Not only does it make businesses look more polished and professional, it also helps to reduce the admin duties of workplace teams, saving time and money.