As a workplace manager, it’s your responsibility to keep the workplace functional, productive, and happy. Chances are, you use a handful of tools to help you. But all too often, the more tools you bring on to help, the more work you have to do.
If only these tools could talk to each other, right? Everyone benefits from a more connected workplace. But not everyone is trained to build integrations. That’s where Zapier + Envoy comes in.
Zapier is a subscription service that lets you connect two apps to automate a manual task. Just drag and drop, no coding experience required. Envoy Desks is now available on Zapier. That means you can connect Envoy with any of Zapier’s 4000+ apps in just a few clicks.
So many things happen every day in the workplace. Pinpointing which things to automate might seem overwhelming. Here are some examples of ways you might want to automate Envoy Desks with Zapier:
- Notify your cleaning staff when a desk is freed up and needs to be sanitized
- Check employees into their reserved desk when they enter the building with Kisi
- When someone adds vacation or sick days to their calendar, any desk reservations they’ve made during that time are cancelled
So what exactly should you automate?
That depends on the tools you’re using and your workplace’s operational routines. Think of an automation like this: “When this happens, that happens”. And with Zapier, “this” can be from one tool, and “that” from another. But how do you choose your “this” and “that”? Zapier guides you through every step of the setup process in detail. If you want to automate something with Envoy Desks, you have several options to work with.
The other tool you connect to Envoy Desks will have its own set of triggers and actions to choose from. Once you’ve decided on your “this” and “that”, you can test your new automation in one click. When you’re satisfied, you can set it live.
When this happens in Envoy….
|...that happens in another workplace system.|
|… or vice versa|
|When this happens in another workplace system….||….that happens in Envoy.
There are also several pre-built automations already available in Zapier for Envoy Desks:
- Envoy → Google Sheets: log Envoy desk entries to a spreadsheet to view which desks are assigned to which employees
- Envoy → Email: automate email notifications to your employees to remind them to check-in to their desk at a custom time
Check out this help center article for step-by-step instructions on how to connect Envoy Desks to other tools with Zapier.